Class 12 (2015-2016)
||Second Harvest Food Bank
||City or County advisory board
||Second Harvest Food Bank
||Second Harvest and Guardian Ad Litem
||Second Harvest Food Bank
||American Red Cross, Home Fire Campaign Coordinator
||Tally Center Community Advisory Board at Methodist
||Child Advocacy Center
||Action Pathways ASPIRE program
||Airborne & Special Operations Museum
||George L. (Trey)
||Better Health, Cape Fear Botanical Gardens, Parks and Recreation
||Teague's Home for Women
||Second Harvest, Fayetteville Symphony, Arts Council
||Second Harvest Food Bank
||Child Advocacy Center
||Friends of the Library, Executive Board
||Arts Council, Second Harvest Food Bank. Applied to Minimun Housing Appeals Board
||Second Harvest Food Bank
||Workforce Development Board member
||Fayetteville Urban Ministry
||Fayetteville Urban Ministry, Second Harvest Food Bank, Red Cross
||Cumberland County Schools Mentoring Program
||American Legion, Child Advocacy Center
||C. County Veterans Treatment Court;Wounded Warrior project
Class 11 (2014-2015)
Class Leaders: Dr. Antonio Jones and Ms. Augusta Newman
- Lillian Ayes – Will serve through the Second Harvest Food Bank
- Katherine Brogan – Will be volunteering with the Arts Council of Fayetteville
- Romnick Capapas – Has plans to work with the Habitat for Humanity
- Josiah Carle – Will be volunteering with Operations – in – as - much
- Shantal Covington–she has plans to work with The Cumberland County Council of Older Adults
- Sherry Dawson – Will serve as a volunteer with the Second Harvest Food Bank
- Aixa Downing – will be serving as a member of the Board of Appeals on Dwellings and Buildings
- Ashley Eason – Will serve as a volunteer with the Sandhills Family Heritage Association
- Larry Goins – Plans to volunteer with the Cumberland County Schools
- Sharon Hackett – Will volunteer with the Fayetteville Urban Ministries
- Lisa Harris – Will also work with the Fayetteville Urban Ministries
- Terry House – Plans to volunteer with the Child Advocacy Center
- Tammy Hyde – Will work as a volunteer Partnership for Children and the American Red Cross
- Antonio Jones – Has plans to serve with Loving Hands International Cultural & Heritage Alliance and Second Harvest Food Bank
- Amichia Jones – Will volunteer her time with Loving Hands International Cultural & Heritage Alliance,
- Melvin Lewis – Will work with Fayetteville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Trudy Locklear – Plans to serve at the Cumberland County Schools
- Stacy Long – Will serve at the Arts Council
- Angela McClain – Has plans to work at the Senior Council
- Trina Mosley – Will serve with the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens and the Gilbert Theater
- Vidal Murrell – Will volunteer her time Arts Council
- Norma Negron - Will continue her work with the Latino Community Connects
- Augusta Newman – Will volunteer with the Women with a Vision Community Ministry
- Jasmine Nixon – Will work at the Partnership for Children of Cumberland County, Inc
- David Nolan – He will serve as a volunteer with Cumber land County’s Teen Court
- Kira Rouse – Will serve at the Partnership for Children
- Penny Schulken – Plans to continue as Committee Chair for Troop 6 - Boy Scouts of America and serve on the Advisory Board for Friends of Music at Methodist University
- Katrina Simpson – Will serve with the Find a Friend Urban Ministry
- Beatrice Springfield – Plans to serve on the Cumberland County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Carmen Tovar – Will volunteer at the Cumberland County Guardian ad Litem Program
- Sandra Walker – Plans to volunteer with the Cape Fear Botanical Garden
- Takeisha Wilson – Will volunteer with the Cultured Pearls in Cumberland County and serve on the Public Arts Commission Board
- Ira Wolfe – Plans to serve on the Workforce Development Board
Class 10 (2013-2014)
Class Leaders: Leon R. Frank and Ronnie Willet Jr. (Click on names for biographies)
- Tonya Anderson – Will serve through the Youth of Promise School‐Based Mentoring Program/Alger B Wilkins High School and the Care Center.
- Sheri Bain – Plans to serve through the Cumberland County Schools possibly mentoring or working with the Homeless Program.
- Christine Beard – Will serve through the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Antoinette Bellamy – Will serve through the Arts Council.
- Kelly Blazey – Will continue serving as a volunteer with Horses That Heel and the United Way of Cumberland County.
- Thomas Edwards – Will serve as a volunteer with Operation In‐As‐Much.
- Brian Gaskell – Will serve on the Fayetteville PWC Citizen Advisory Board and the Cumberland County United Way.
- Dr. Karen Harris, ED.D – Will serve through the Arts Council and the Cape Fear Regional Theater.
- Victoria Lee – Plans to volunteer with the Vision Resource Center or Head Start.
- Leon Frank – Will serve through the establishment of the Wilbert E. Burgie Cadet Corps Inc., a non‐profit youth mentorship program here in Fayetteville.
- Quinsentina Lewis-James – Will volunteer with the Arts Council of Fayetteville and the American Red Cross.
- Prentiss Mars, III – Plans to volunteer with theWilbert E. Burgie Cadet Corps Inc.
- Marc Mason – Will serve through the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra.
- Marie McCarroll – Has plans to volunteer with the Vision Resource Center.
- Brittany McLaurin – Will continue to serve the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., the Council for Older Adults, and the Greater Good Athletic Association.
- Rangel McLaurin – Will volunteer with the Arts Council.
- Porcha McMillan – Plans to serve on the Board of County Commissioners or the City Council.
- Shandrika McNair – Will continue her work with the Caper Fear Regional Theater and the Arts Council.
- Susan Miller – Will volunteer to work with the Cumberland County Library.
- Thomas Miller – Will work with the Cumberland County Public Library and the Airborne Special Operations Museum.
- Ashley Pastorius – Will volunteer with the Arts Council, The Cape Fear Regional Theater, and the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra.
- Ted Smith, Sr. - Will work with the Great Oak Youth Development Center, Inc. Mentoring Program.
- Deborah S tuckey – Has applied to be on the Arts Council Board, the Urban Ministries Find‐A‐Friend Programs, and the Cindy Theatre Program at Westover.
- Ruby Underwood – Will serve at the Great Oak Youth Development Center.
- Anastasia Vann – Will work with His & Hers Performance Theater, The Arts Council, and Community Concerts.
- Andi Webb – Plans to volunteer with the Habitat for Humanity.
- Ronnie Willet – Will continue to serve as a Commissioner for the Town of Godwin and the Cumberland County Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Lorraine Williams – Plans to serve on the Arts Council and volunteer with the Fayetteville Urban Ministry.
- Theresa Woodard – Will serve with the Fayetteville Urban Ministry.
Class 9 (2012-2013)
Class Leaders: Noelle Kendrick and Mark Regensburger
- Tracy A. Allen – Partnership for Children of Cumberland County
- Lawrence J. Ashton – Veterans Administration Volunteer Services Program
- Shannon Boatwright – Cumberland County Dispute Resolution Center
- Taureeq Bradley – Second Harvest Food Bank and Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County
- Serina Britton – American Red Cross – Highlands Chapter
- Amy C. Cain – Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County
- Rebecca Morris Campbell – Airborne and Special Operations Museum
- Christi O. Davis – Anne Frank Exhibit at the Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County
- Tiffany Eakins – Southeastern North Carolina Radio Reading service
- Tetteh W. Effon – United Way of Cumberland County
- Laura Estle-Jewell – Angel Tree coordination and mentor program through the Children of Prisoners program and Cumberland County Schools’ School-Based Mentoring Program
- Carla A. Fagan – Bicycleman Project
- Richard Fitzgerald – Airborne and Special Operations Museum
- James R. Frederickson – Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County
- Mary A.K. Govan – Fayetteville Urban Ministry
- Roger L. Govan – Fayetteville Urban Ministry
- Cynthia Hayden – Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County and Partnership for Children of Cumberland County
- Jo Ellen Hirsch – Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County, the Fayetteville Symphony and the Fayetteville Urban Ministry
- William “Bill” Jennings – Operation Inasmuch and the Designing Station
- Mary John-Williams – New Choices Advisory Board of the Center for Economic Empowerment & Development and Review Panel of the United Way of Cumberland County
- Catherine Irene Jones – Cumberland County Public Library and Information Center
- Noelle K. Kendrick - Town of Wade as a Commissioner, Town of Wade Joint Appearance Commission and Teen Mothers of Preschoolers
- Grace King – Cumberland County Schools’ School-Based Mentoring Program and Cumberland County Public Library and Information Center
- Johnny Lanthorn – Town of Wade as a Commissioner, Town of Wade Joint Appearance Commission, Wade Community Fire Department and the Cumberland County Air Quality Stakeholders
- Wanda McLaughlin – Cumberland County Schools’ School-Based Mentoring Program and Cumberland County Schools’ Exceptional Children’s Services Department
- Dorothy McNeil – Operation Inasmuch and Homeless Program in the Cumberland County Schools
- Teresa Rena NcNeill – United Way of Cumberland County’s Days of Caring 2013
- Caroline Neal – Cumberland County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council and Human Relations Commission and Cumberland County Schools’ School-Based Mentoring Program
- La’Keita K. Parker – Center for Economic Empowerment & Development
- Cheryl F. Perkins – 2013 Fayetteville Dogwood Festival
- LaTara Y. Ray – United Way of Cumberland County and Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity
- Rodney C. Ray – Cumberland County Schools’ School-Based Mentoring Program, United Way, and Habitat for Humanity
- Mark R. Regensburger – Eagle Mentoring through Boy Scout Troop 740 (Fayetteville) and Terry Sanford High School’s Band Boosters Club
- Tryphina Robinson – Fayetteville State University’s Upward Bound Program
- Brittany S. Rogers – Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County and United Way of Cumberland County
- Valeria Russ – American Red Cross – Highland Chapter
- Dennis Washington – Airborne & Special Operations Museum
- Glenda West – Cumberland County Department of Social Services Foster Care Program
- Natasha Wilson – Fayetteville Urban Ministry
Class 8 (2011-2012)
Class Leader: Jasmine Coleman
Cecilia S. Amuzu volunteers with the Guardian Ad Litem
Jasmine Coleman serves withe the Cumberland County
Dispute Resolution Center, the Cumberland County Action Program, and Board of Directors
Jeremy Fiebig volunteers with the Gilbert
Dr. Larry Hogan serves with the Fayetteville Urban
Ministry and the CARE
Kisha Lee volunteers with Fayetteville
Area Habitat for Humanity.
Debra Melvin volunteers with the Fayetteville Urban Ministry's Adult Literacy Center.
Dr. Daniel Montoya volunteers with WFSS 91.9 FM Public
Dr. Narenda Singh serves on the City Board of
Adjustment (Morrisville, NC).
Class Leader: Mark Wallace
Mario Burnette is currently volunteering with the Child Advocacy Center.
Belva Demendoza is currently attending the City of Fayetteville Citizens Academy.
Betty Jones is the President of the Sunnyside Elementary School PTA.
Kenjuana McCray serves on the board for the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Jessica Ranavaya serves on the International Folk Festival Committee.
Jerome Scott volunteers with the Community Outreach Assistance Services, Dogwood Festival, Chamber Ambassador, Alpha Academy, ARTS Council, Fascinate U, Cumberland County Foundation, and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
Tara Washington volunteers with the Care Clinic and the Boys and Girls Club.
Susan Willinson volunteers with the Botanical Gardens.
Donald Wire volunteers with the Care Clinic.
Marie Callender has begun volunteering for the Arts
Council and The Child Advocacy Center.
is serving on the Board of the Downtown Alliance.
has volunteered with Sustainable Sandhills Organization.
Myles Jones is heading up a group involving several
Class VI alumni to start a non-profit foundation in order to filter support
for each of their various causes. Myles testifies that he appreciates
ICL "lighting the fire of service!"
Don Williams currently serves as the Chief Professional
Officer for the Boys & Girls Club of Cumberland County.
Marge Whitehead serves on the Fayetteville Police Dept Citizens Patrol, CERTS Community Awareness, as a coordinator on her Community Watch, the Arts Council, and on the Board of Fayetteville Beautiful
Rick Hamlet, Ricardo Morgan, and Charmaine Murrell
Dennis McNair is Chairman of the Southeastern NC Radio Reading Service; volunteers as a community photographer; and participates with the Caring 7 Feeding the Homeless at Vick's Drive-In.
Steve Rogers is on the FCPR Advisory Board, Cumberland County Fair Committee, Chairman of the
CDRC (Cumberland Disaster Recovery Coalition), and Executive Director of Hope for
Cassandra White Haire serves on the following boards: Adult Home Care Community Advisory Board, Nursing Home Advisory Board, Fayetteville Re-Development Commission, Fayetteville Family Life Center Board, and PWC Advisory Committee. She also volunteers with: A Dickens Holiday, United Way Community Impact Project, and the Dogwood Festival.
C.J. Malson volunteers with the Care Clinic and the Child Advocacy Center.
is now a member of the Spring Lake Storm Water Advisory Board. The board
addresses issues regarding local water quality and storm water pollution.
really enjoys her volunteer work with the Fayetteville Cumberland County
has been appointed to the Fayetteville Personnel Review Board.
serves as a backstage volunteer for the Cape Fear Regional Theater. She
made the contact with the theater at the ICL "Opportunity Fair"
hosted by the Arts Council, March 17, 2009.
Ricardo Morgan serves on the Board of Trustees for The Arts Council of Fayetteville, and also
serves on the Friends of African and African American
Art steering committee. He is on the Board for Better Health of Cumberland County as well as its
Marketing and Development Committees. Ricardo continues on the United Way
Diversity Committee and assists with the Minority Leadership Development
Training as Co-Chair. He is the immediate past
Board Chair for the Southeastern NC Radio Reading Service.
serves on the Joint City-County Senior Citizen Advisory Commission, and
she has been appointed to the board of directors of the Cumberland Community
Action Committee, Inc., where she is chair of the Nominating Committee. She was also selected to serve on the Cumberland
County Board of Elections.
Bobby Hill, Chris Coats, Annette Evans, and LaTicia Wilson
Lavoie has been appointed to the Fayetteville Planning Commission.
She also volunteers with the Arts Council, the Airborne and Special Operations
Museum, the homeless ministry of Highland Presbyterian Church, and the
Class 3 (2006-2007)
David Allen, Jessie Bellflowers, and Gloria Tuprah
Lisa Chance is the board chairperson for the Cumberland Community Action Program (CCAP).
Patricia Weaver has been reappointed to the Fayetteville Personnel Review Board for a second
term, currently serving as Chairperson.
Mary Ann Brown-Jackson
serves on the Cumberland County Adult Care Baord.
Edna Cogdell was
appointed to the Joint Appearance Commission.
serves on the Cumnberland County Transportation Board.
serves on the Mid-Carolina Council of Governments.
is on the Cumberland County WorkForce Development Board.
was recently appointed to the Fayetteville Planning Commission
serves as an Associate Board Member with the Unit Scholarship Fund
of Fort Bragg.
is Vice President of the Lafayette Market Coop, and she is the Communications
Director for Cumberlans County Progressives. She volunteers with the
Great Oaks Leadership Academy and the NC Reading Service for the Blind.
Anne Adams, Stephon Ferguson, and Carolyn McLaurin
serves on the board of the Fayetteville Urban Ministry, and she is
vice chair of the Cumberland County Department of Social Services
serves on the Board of Directors for the Fascinate U Children's Museum.
serves on the Council of Aging (Adult Care) and the County Board of
Adjustment. He also volunteers with the County Court System as a Guardian
serves on the Board of Advisors of the Fayetteville Area Habit for
Carrianne Beverly McClellan
is Vice President of the Fayetteville Area Cultural Foundation; serves as a committee chair with the Junior League of Fayetteville; and is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
was appointed to the Cumberland County Adult Care Board.
was elected to the Hope Mills Youth Association Board, and she also
serves as Secretary for the Fayetteville Observer Credit
Angela Vann established
Fayetteville's Oprah Book Club, and she volunteers with the Cape Fear
High School Alumni Association.
is the Director of the Great Oaks Leadership Academy, and he serves
on the NC Veterans Park Design/Content Committee. He has volunteered
with the Hope VI, Old Wilmington Road Improvement Program.
Floyd Johnson and Wendy Vonnegut
Jim Sheckels serves as a Crew 32 Committee Chairman and Council Shooting Sports
Committee Instructor and Development Chair for Occoneechee Council the Boy Scouts of
America. He also serves on the Board of the Cumberland County Wildllife Club,
VP of the Crosse Creek Rifle & Pistol Club, and 1st
Vice-Commander of American Legion Post 32.
Karen Moore is tihe Resident Services Director of the Fayetteville Metropolitan Housing Authority.
served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Highlands Chapter
of the American Red Cross, July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007.
Daisy Foxx serves as a FTCC Program Coordinator.
is a board member forCumberland County Communicare, Inc., and she
chairs the board for Magby and Associates, Inc.
was recently appointed to the NC Council of Community Programs. He
also serves on the Cumberland County Area Mental Health Board.
Victor T. Landry
is Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Fayetteville Urban Ministries.
He is also a scholarship fundraiser for 100 Black Men of America.
serves as the chairperson of the Administrative Council of Harry Hosier
United Methodist Church.
serves on the boards for the Child Advocacy Center of Cumberland County,
Cumberland County Legal Aid, and the Small Business Center of FTCC.
serves on Fayetteville's Recycling Task Force.
Memorium: Tom Parent, 2004-2005 (click on the link)